Re: Debian is not a "main distro"?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Debian is not a "main distro"?
- From: Joel Klecker <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 03:51:50 -0700
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <19980930204234.A16323@molec3.dfis.ull.es>
- References: <email@example.com>; from Steve Dunham on Wed, Sep 30, 1998 at 02:49:38PM -0400 <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
At 20:42 +0100 1998-09-30, Enrique Zanardi wrote:
Hint: Try the development version of dpkg-deb, the one by Klee Dienes.
It has a really nice source package format. But the dpkg in there is broken,
and AFAIK none of the current dpkg "non-maintainers" is working on that
Actually, IIRC, the dpkg-deb is what's broken, it has its exit codes all
upside down, which causes dpkg and anything else that calls dpkg-deb to die.
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)
Debian GNU/Linux user/developer on i386 and powerpc.