Re: Renaming 'math' section 'science'

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Tyson Dowd wrote:

trd>I find the "old" system to be a complete kludge now that 2000
trd>packages are stuffed into it.  They often belong in more than
trd>one category.  They are difficult to manage.

	I think most people agree with you and Rob Browning.  The current
system is outmoded.  We need a change to logical sections.  I just don't
know how to get it done.  It would probably take a large amount of
rewriting and testing. Also it is hard to see which people are responsible
for making the changes.
	I think a solution that allows migration would help.  Keep the
current system, but begin to allow the logical fields and change tools to
optionally use the logical fields. Then in the future, after the new
system is well implemented and tested, mandate a change to the new system.

	John

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>