Re: Renaming 'math' section 'science'

On Wed, 23 Sep 1998 treacy@debian.org wrote:

	Yes, with the size of the distribution growing, this is obviously
a problem that is larger than the math/science issue.  Could you bring it
up on policy?  I expect things will go rather slowly.  Perhaps just
adding, a 'science' section, and allowing maintainers to move things into
it at their discretion is an easy temporary solution, that can be
implemented without much difficulty. I guess that no tools need to be
modified to handle this change.

treacy>There are already some minor flaws I've noticed in this which are easily
treacy>remedied. If people like the idea I could expand upon it and bring it to
treacy>-policy. The big stumbling block to this would be the necessary changes to
treacy>the archive management programs, dselect and apt.

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>