Re: libstdc++2.8 is missing from slink

On 30 Sep 1998, Guy Maor wrote:

maor>> Which is of course the wrong way around. The correct reasoning would have
maor>> been: egcs no longer creates libstdc++2.8, but as packages still depend on
maor>> that, we keep the libstdc++2.8 package and it source around.
maor>
maor>Human nature being what it is, packages which depend on libstdc++2.8
maor>won't be recompiled for a long time.  By removing the package, we
maor>force the issue.  The unstable distribution need not be consistent.

	Thats a good point.  I have recompiled most of mine, so now I can
come out in favor of not supplying the old lib :) .  Curiously, the web
pages show the new version number, but list dependencies from the old
version.

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>