Re: Debian is not a "main distro"?

>> "EZ" == Enrique Zanardi <ezanardi@ull.es> writes:

>> "Me?  Use a package manager?  When hell freezes!"

EZ> IIRC, they use "installpkg" to install a Slackware tgz. That does a

Well, on #debian, I spoke to one of these guys. He said he wants to
compile everything on his own. Because this way he will learn more. He
doesn't want any precompiled stuff and such.

I asked him what exactly he would learn, if he has build fetchamil
4.5.0 till 4.5.5 and now there is 4.5.6. I said this is pure routine
by then and that he could better things during the time he spends for
recompiling.

He couldn't answer this.

I don't understand these guys. They waste so much time on
timeconsuming routine work ...

Ciao,
	Martin