Re: "super" pkgs (was Re: Back to RedHat)

On Tue, Sep 29, 1998 at 09:20:06PM -0500, David Engel wrote:
> I suggest the maitainer of the core packages that comprise a super
> package maintain the super package as well.  For example, the libc
> maintainer could maintain a c-developement super package and the X
> maintainer could maintain x-workstation and x-development super
> packages.

Sure, put more on my plate.  :)

Actually, I was already condsidering something very similar to this.  I
considered being a maverick and doing it without warning, but decided to be
nice.  As it stands I simply try to give the newbies a fighting chance in
the new extended description of xbase.

See the X Strike Force for details (new control file).

> I think a section makes the most sense.  BTW, does anyone have a
> better name than super packages?

Überpackages!

--
G. Branden Robinson                 |  Convictions are more dangerous enemies
Purdue University                   |  of truth than lies.