Re: JDK src directory?

    John> Can an appropriate warning be lodged in
    John> /usr/doc/jdk1.1-dev/copyright or some such?  To be sure, I
    John> did not actually look at the sources, just the filenames, so
    John> I guess I'm safe.  I poked about on java.sun.com a bit and
    John> found nothing relating particularly to the sources.

A quick perusal of java.sun.com reveals

<URL:http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.1/source.html>

which says (in part)

      Non-commercial license for source files that ship with the JDK -
      The source code for the public java.* classes is included in the
      src directory (or src.zip file) of the JDK. These are the
      sources to the Java Core Classes (classes.zip). These source
      files are provided for information purposes only, to help
      developers learn and use Java. They do not include the private
      java.* classes or the sun.* classes, and therefore do not
      constitute a full release.

Make of that what you will.  My guess is it's not big deal although
clearly non-free by DFSG standards.

--
Stephen
---