Re: JDK src directory?

    John> I'm working on compiling the Toba package, which is a Java
    John> bytecode to C source translator.  It requires the
    John> publicly-available JDK Java sources to compile, but the
    John> jdk1.1-dev package does not provide them (why?)

To which publicly available source are you refering? classes.zip or
src.zip from the standard jdk source?  Or are you refering to the
complete source for the JVM et al.?

    John> I can download them for myself and put them in /usr/local
    John> but a better solution would be to have a separate package
    John> with these files, I think.

Excuse me? From where do you plan to get this source?  Signed a
non-commercial licence with Sun?  Read the licence?

Don't mind me; I haven't had my morning latte.

--
Stephen (jdk maintainer)
---