Re: POP3 daemons in Debian

That reminds me, I'm getting reading to upload a new imap package and I
need to do something about the imap "thingies."  (ipop2d and ipop3d.)
Currently, I include them in the package and install them into /usr/sbin
but I don't actually put them in inetd.conf or anything.  The reason is,
like me, most people probably run qpopper or something and would be rather
displeased if I were to replace it with the less-featureful ones from
imap.  On the other hand, just leaving unused files lying around doesn't
seem to good either.

Is this the kind of thing alternatives could be used for?  If so, do the
cucipop, and qpopper maintainers and I just work out the details between
ourselves or is there a more formal process I should follow?

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@braincells.com>