Re: POP3 daemons in Debian

On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Alexander Koch wrote:

 : Just a question.
 :
 : Are the only available POP3 daemons in Debian qpopper (2.3, still the
 : latest free version, iirc) and cucipop (non-free)?

Those are it :(

 : There're two imap thingies, too, but are there no other POP3 daemons?
 : Does anyone of you know some simple and working ones?

Well, you could poke around on Sunsite, though I was underwhelmed by the
stuff available there for POP mail (mostly clients).

I'd like to see a popper that's 1) Free, 2) has a bulletin mechanism but
doesn't freak out like qpopper tends to under load, and 3) supports
virtual domains, perhaps in conjunction with sendmail's virtusertable.db

I'm not smart enough to write that app yet :/

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD