Re: Name clashes [Was: Intent to package: molecular biology programs

On Friday 11 September 1998, at 14 h 37, the keyboard of Stephane Bortzmeyer
<bortzmeyer@pasteur.fr> wrote:

> I implemented this solution in the beta Phylip package but primary
> testers were disatisfied. Since there are many biology packages,
> they would have to add many /usr/lib/packagename/bin in their PATH.
>
> I suggest to implement your solution *plus* a generic
> /usr/lib/gensoft/bin and a symbolic link to each raw program. So,
> mostly-biology users (most of our users here...) could add once
> for all /usr/lib/gensoft/bin in their PATH.

I'm sorry to insist but there was no opinion expressed on that point. Could I
create /usr/lib/gensoft/bin and populate it with postinst scripts without
violating the FSSTND, the law or the common sense?