Des Moines, IA. Geographical Proximity, anyone?

I'm looking to get registered as a debian developer and wondered if there
was anyone moderately near to Des Moines, IA (usa) who can validate my
existence (is that like getting your parking ticket stamped??) and sign my
PGP key??

Also, I've heard mention that typically pgp2.6.2 is still used for the
debian keys.  what's the scoop on the different versions?  I currently
just have a pgp5 key; would be happy to install 2.6.2 as well if needed
but found it rather curious ......

- dave

--

   |     oOOooO           /