Re: libpcap package

On Tue, Sep 22, 1998 at 04:02:12PM -0700, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> "Stephen J. Carpenter" <sjc@delphi.com> wrote:
>
> > if you wish to see some example code feel free to e-mail me directly
> > and I will send you (or anyone interested) a snipit of code I
> > wrote which uses it...all it does is capture every packet then look
> > at the ethernet adress and add it to the proper total
> > (I was curious as to how much network traffic here was ethernet broadcast
> > traffic)
>
> Sounds interesting, please send me a copy...
>
> Kinda lika a 'xNet' but for console (or could be :)

Ok here it is...
it is REALLY nothing special...
I was working on writting an ethernet sniffer and ended up getting curious
(after a few test packet captures) and hacked this up.

Getting it was almost tough...its on my computer at work (where im not
technically allowed to sniff but...I am doing it for
educational benefit (trans: to try to get myself a better job eventually)

Luckly I was able to track down my current work IP adress (linux machine
on DHCP...its almost a sin) and get around the firewall (nice to be able
to slip in ;) )

-Steve

E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"