Re: libpcap package

On Tue, Sep 22, 1998 at 05:06:44PM +0000, Mohamed Mouad Tiyal wrote:

> I need information about libpcap package on linuxas well as docs about the
> source code, any information will be welcome.
> Thanks.

While libpcap is an excellent little library, perhaps debian-devel isn't
the proper place to be asking about it (or does this somehow relate to some
debian project?)

I think the BEST documentation there is is just to get the source code for
the library...it is in the debian archive on ftp.debian.org or one
of its mirrors.

if you wish to see some example code feel free to e-mail me directly
and I will send you (or anyone interested) a snipit of code I
wrote which uses it...all it does is capture every packet then look
at the ethernet adress and add it to the proper total
(I was curious as to how much network traffic here was ethernet broadcast
traffic)

otherwise please look for a more aproriate list.

-Steve

E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"