Re: Intent to package: loser

On Fri, 18 Sep 1998, Stephen J. Carpenter wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 18, 1998 at 10:59:56AM -0300, Rafael Caetano dos Santos wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I don't know whether this is standard procedure (this message, with that
> > subject).

> It is standard procedure to send an intent to package with this subject
> line to debian-devel and the WNPP when you indend to start work on
> a debian package.

Ok. I've seen some messages of this kind, so I posted a similar one.
But is this procedure specified somewhere?

> I take it by the way you ask that your not already a debian developer?

I'm not, but AFAIK, all it takes is to send an e-mail to new-developer...
am I right?

> Well...
> DO you yourself plan on becoming a developer (if I misread this and you are
> already I apologize) or are you just saying you would like to see it packaged?

I plan to become a developer.

> If you plan on being the maintainer and a developer and maintaining this
> package then you wont "send them to debian" you would have the ability
> to upload packages into "incomming" directly so they will go into
> the distribution.

That's what I meant (send to master).

(...)
> Does all thi smake sense? if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thank you.

bye
    Rafael Caetano <rcaetano@linux.ime.usp.br>