Re: Intent to package: loser

On Fri, Sep 18, 1998 at 10:59:56AM -0300, Rafael Caetano dos Santos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know whether this is standard procedure (this message, with that
> subject).

It is standard procedure to send an intent to package with this subject
line to debian-devel and the WNPP when you indend to start work on
a debian package.

I take it by the way you ask that your not already a debian developer?
While you CAN make deb packages not being a developer...you can't
upload them to debian and have them become part of the system.

> Anyway, I intend to package The L.O.S.E.R Corps, a multi-user
> platform/battle game, playable through TCP/IP, etc, by Ricardo Massaro
> <massaro@ime.usp.br> and others. Please see www.ime.usp.br/~massaro/loser
> for details and some cool screenshots.
>
> I have some doubts. Should I send both binary and source packages to
> Debian?

Well...
DO you yourself plan on becoming a developer (if I misread this and you are
already I apologize) or are you just saying you would like to see it packaged?

If you plan on being the maintainer and a developer and maintaining this
package then you wont "send them to debian" you would have the ability
to upload packages into "incomming" directly so they will go into
the distribution.

If not then just a pointer to a URL where we can get more info is enough :)
As a volunteer organization, anyone interested enough will take it from
there :)

> Libraries needed only for building the package are relevant?

yes AFAIK one requirement is that every package must exist that is needed to
build any other package.

Does all thi smake sense? if you have any questions feel free to ask.

-Steve

E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"