Re: [debian-python-request@lists.debian.org: Re: This license (JPython) acceptable ?]

On Fri, Sep 18, 1998 at 07:21:58AM -0500, john@dhh.gt.org wrote:
> Gregor Hoffleit writes:
> > Judging from the discussions with Guido et al, I would think that we are
> > completely safe if I add an statement to /usr/doc/jpython/copyright where
> > I refer people that they can fulfill this requirement with sending a mail
> > to jpython@python.org. Would this be acceptable ?
>
> It's still postcardware.

Agreed it is...

WHat is the real purpose of the e-mail? I undrstand wanting to
get an idea of how many people are using it but... not everyone has
access to e-mail (or for whatever reason can't)

It should be perfectly acceptable to put in wording asking (pleading,
begging) for postcards/e-mail as long as its not a REQUIREMENT for use

-Steve

E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"