Re: Info sucks?

On Mon, Sep 14, 1998 at 03:50:16PM -0700, John Lapeyre wrote:
> 	I suppose one could ask people to spend a few hours  learning to
> navigate info via emacs or the stand alone browser.  I don't think this is
> reasonable, however.
> 	I don't particularly like info, but I use it quite a bit because I
> prefer to use emacs.

My complaint about info is that unlike html, the navigation is not clear and
the search is worse.  The possible links aren't always marked in a way that
indicates they are, and there are references like "check out such and such
in section whatever"...  No link to it.  This is my experience with exim,
which is only documented usefully in info format.

If not for info2www, I would not be running exim now.  If I were trying exim
on my notebook or a 486, I would have long since given up..  I don't run
apache on such machines.