Re: Intent-to-package: berlin DR1

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:

> 	Actually, if the alpha software is likely to break the system,
>  or is not expected to perform at all (which is the sense I get here),
>  then experimental is indeed the place to put it in.

There's no need for a package which doesn't already have a version in
main/contrib/non-free to go into experimental unless that software
might do damage to your system.  If a package is highly unstable, just
state that in the description.

So an experimental encrypted filesystem should probably go into
experimental.  A new, beta, version of some software which uses
completely different configuration might go into experimental at the
maintainer's discretion.  New software which isn't likely to damage
your system can go into the non-experimental area.

Guy