Re: Intent-to-package: berlin DR1

On Sat, Sep 12, 1998 at 09:14:19PM -0700, Aaron Van Couwenberghe wrote:
> I have been in contact with graydon, and have been watching the project grow
> from vaporware to something real. I would like to contribute, although it
> will be far from finished, a packaged version of berlin .01 at the point
> (soon) that it is released.
> 	This will give program developers a solid idea of what exactly
> berlin is, what its capabilities are, and a working development environment
> for the new corba-based windowing system. I would assume that the package
> be placed in contrib (and project/experimental or project/alpha) rather than
> main until which time it becomes fully developed.

Both experimental and contrib are not intended for alpha software.
Simply put it in main and ask the ftp admins to not include it in the
stable pool. (Here we are, isn't it? I mean the freeze will move everything
stable in "frozen" and leave all rest out...)

Ciao,

* Federico Di Gregorio  |  /      *-=$< ;-) TeX Wizard?            *
* Debian developer!     | / -1    pgp: finger fog@perosa.alpcom.it *
* <friend of penguins>  |/        try http://www.debian.org        *
******************DE 9E B2 75 B4 F6 CC 5B  C3 D5 71 51 04 AB F3 B2**