Re: Can we pull KDE?

Alex Yukhimets <aqy6633@acf5.nyu.edu> wrote:
> There is one more reason. Pulling KDE packages would reduce already
> shrinked Debian user base even more.

You're making that up.  It's not even shrinking -- though apparently it's
not growing as fast as Red Hat.  Anyways, I don't think it's worthwhile
here to bow to fear, uncertainty or doubt.

> I am not a KDE user, but I feel that this is may be the major visible
> advantage of Debian vs. RedHat - availability of well-integrated KDE
> (menus, etc.).

Are you referring to http://www.redhat.com/redhat/qtlicense.html?

Basically, you're saying that because, on principle, RedHat is
not distributing Qt that we should "take advantage of that"?

> Let's get real, keeping KDE is no threat.

Except to our integrity.

--
Raul