Re: Free Software Clarification

Greg Vence writes:
> The only chage is here when GPL would say that there can _never_ be a
> commercial release of this code.

The GPL says no such thing.

a) You can sell copies of a GPL work for any price that you can get anyone
   to pay, as long as you give your customers source and a copy of the GPL
   so that they know that they can do the same.  I'd call that commercial.

b) Distributing copies of a work under the GPL or any other license does
   not and cannot prevent the author from distributing other copies under
   any license she wishes.