Re: more developer identity stuff

Nathan E Norman <finn@midco.net> writes:

> I don't pretend to know the insides and outs of Pine, let alone any
> other MUA.  I wish wichever MUA I was using was smart enough to know
> that the message I'm replying to came from a mailing list, and would
> prompt me whether to reply to the list, the author, or both (like most
> newsreaders do).  Perhaps Pine does this, but as I hadn't considered it
> a big deal until now, I didn't worry about it.  Perhaps it's time to
> move to mutt ... I don't know.  There's always that little emacs program
> that gets installed by default ...

Consider this my semi-regular plug for Gnus.  Gnus can handle
mailing-list group addresses [1], and you can also make sure that you
never see duplicate messages, no matter what other people's mailers
are doing (unless, of course, they actually send you two different
messages with the same content, but different message ID's).

[1] I haven't set it up to do this yet, but it's on my to-do list.
Perhaps I'll get some time soon.