Re: About the GPL

On Mon, Aug 31, 1998 at 04:23:28PM -0400, Avery Pennarun wrote:
> I _never_ want source CD's (they go out of date too quickly to be useful) so
> I'm very glad that clause is in there.

I don't understand!

The binary go out of date too quickly, not the source. You can make from the
source the binary and make the source with a little patch (diff-file) up to
date.
The binary must you download as a big tar-ball and you can't change, can't fix
bugs, can't learn, can't ...

Grisu
--
Michael Bramer - a Debian Certified Linux Developer        http://www.debian.org