Re: About the GPL

> On Mon, Aug 31, 1998 at 09:55:33PM +0200, David Frey wrote:
>
> > I'd say you're right; it isn't acceptable.

Uh... guys?

>From /usr/doc/copyright/GPL:

	...provided that you also do one of the following:

	a) ...

	b) Accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three
	    years, to give any third party, for a charge no more than your
	    cost of physically performing source distribution, a complete
	    machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code, to be
	    distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a
	    medium customarily used for software interchange; or,

	c) ...

Just offer to make them a gold CD if they really want one.  The "cost of
physically performing source distribution" is the cost of a gold CD, plus
shipping, plus the time of the person you have to hire to babysit the
writer.

I _never_ want source CD's (they go out of date too quickly to be useful) so
I'm very glad that clause is in there.

Have fun,

Avery