Re: No benefit for running sash as root shell?

On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Joel Klecker wrote:

 : At 21:32 -0700 1998-08-28, Shaleh wrote:
 : >Actually I like this feature of BSD systems.  Would like it in Debian
 : >too.
 :
 : You're forgetting that /bin and /sbin on *BSD systems are statically-linked.

[ I apologise if this has been thoroughly hashed out before ]

Why doesn't Debian do this?  I can see where size could be an issue, but
I'd think the benefits outweigh those considerations ...

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD