Re: Request for feature: adduser --alias

On Fri, Aug 28, 1998 at 07:46:49PM -0700, Guy Maor wrote:
> If the shared libraries are damaged, then how are init, getty, and
> login running, in order for sashroot to be invoked?  The only thing a
> special UID is going to help with is if the root shell is messed up.
>
> A better use of sashroot is booting the machine `init=/bin/sashroot'.
> Nothing is gained by having a special uid 0 account with sashroot as
> its shell.

Sure there is.  Ever have bash become screwed up?  This happened a time or
two durring the hamm development.  Something moves or deletes a library
(even libc) and the system is running, go to an open and already loaded
getty and fix it with sash..  (I have a user sash for just such a purpose)