Re: Request for feature: adduser --alias

On Fri, Aug 28, 1998 at 07:46:49PM -0700, Guy Maor wrote:
> If the shared libraries are damaged, then how are init, getty, and
> login running, in order for sashroot to be invoked?  The only thing a
> special UID is going to help with is if the root shell is messed up.

Sorry, I cannot agree. I did destroy parts of my system and still was able
to login as root as the login program was already active (and libc already
loaded into memory?). With sash as my root shell I then was able to correct
the libc problem and everything kept running. And yes, this wasn't on a test
machine, but on a frequently used server. Fortunately only a few www
conenctions broke.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes			meskes@online-club.de, meskes@debian.org
Go SF49ers! Go Rhein Fire!	Use Debian GNU/Linux!