Re: Naming of new 2.0 release

On Wed, Aug 26, 1998 at 02:14:24PM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> Steve Lamb <morpheus@calweb.com> wrote:
> >     "Do you have the latest release?"  (2.0r2/2.0.2)
> >
> >     "Yes!" (2.0)
> >
> >     What part of that is not lying?

> The part in quotes is not lying.  The numbers in parenthesis are
> a different issue.  We should, of course, be careful to document
> what we mean by a debian release.

> The latest debian release is hamm.

> We've not released slink yet.

    But if you document it (2.0.1 v. 2.0r1, v. "hamm/slink/stinky socks")
then it defeats the purpose of the basis of this whole thread, hiding what
is on the CD so the vendors can sell more copies.

> What problem are you trying to solve?

    One of simple principle.

--
             Steve C. Lamb             | Opinions expressed by me are not my
    http://www.calweb.com/~morpheus    | employer's.  They hired me for my