Re: developer database comments

> > Paul caught all of my comments except one:
> >
> > Why are the City, State/Province, and Country fields "private", but "Map
> > Coordinates" public? Presumably, I have a choice about filling in any of
> > those (if I don't, I strongly object to the whole process!), so why not
> > make the easily interpeted ones available?
>
> hmm Would it be possible to have a small check box next to each of
> these to determine if the maintainer wanst the data public or not?

The feeling was only those who want the extra information made public
will fill them in. This includes homepage URL and map coordinate.
Personally, I think every developer should give their address and phone
number as part of being accepted as a maintainer, but that is debatable.

> also... WHo will (when it is finished) have acess to the private fields?
> personally... I have no problem with anyone being able to use the
> db to get my adress and home e-mail adress...hell even my phone number

We should keep the database simple.

> all that info is easy enough to get anyway.
> But...I kno wsome people are very protective of this information

Just because the information is easy to get doesn't mean that Debian should
be the source.

Jay Treacy