Re: developer database comments

On Thu, Aug 20, 1998 at 08:40:52PM -0500, Steve Greenland wrote:
> On 20-Aug-98, 05:53 (CDT), Paul Slootman <paul@wau.mis.ah.nl> wrote:
> > http://db.debian.org/ is looking good, but a couple of remarks:
> > [snip]
>
> Paul caught all of my comments except one:
>
> Why are the City, State/Province, and Country fields "private", but "Map
> Coordinates" public? Presumably, I have a choice about filling in any of
> those (if I don't, I strongly object to the whole process!), so why not
> make the easily interpeted ones available?

hmm Would it be possible to have a small check box next to each of
these to determine if the maintainer wanst the data public or not?

also... WHo will (when it is finished) have acess to the private fields?
personally... I have no problem with anyone being able to use the
db to get my adress and home e-mail adress...hell even my phone number

all that info is easy enough to get anyway.
But...I kno wsome people are very protective of this information

-Steve

E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"