Re: developer database comments

On Fri, Aug 21, 1998 at 10:17:28AM -0400, James A. Treacy wrote:
> > > Basically, we need to finalize the format and check its design for security
> > > flaws. It's too bad this is being implemented before we switch to pgp as
> > > it has a much better interface.
> >
> > You mean GPG, don't you?
> >
> Yes.
>
> > I thought all developers had keys - otherwise, how do they upload?  Or do
> > we have a special procedure for the French?
> >
> I don't know. Anyone care to fill us in?
> Russians can't use PGP (legally) either, BTW.

hmmm
I thought from what I remember that the issue is not about whther
they can use "pgp" itself but about encryption?
afterall... developer uploads only require pgp for signing
and AFAIK it IS legal to SIGN data at least in any countries I am aware
of which don't llow encryption

-Steve
E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"