Re: Can we do without non-free?

Hi,
>>"Joop" == Joop Stakenborg <stakenborg@HYPH.AZR.NL> writes:

 Joop> Here is my point: we want to distribute FREE software. Why do
 Joop> we need to have a non-free section?

	Because we do not require our users to have the same beliefs
 as we do. We are tolerant. We are not fanatics. We recognize that our
 users have different needs and agendas than we do (or they would not
 be using Debian, they would be creating their own distribution).

	We like users, and we are tolerant of othewr beliefs. Enough
 that we support the need for the users to use non-free software.

 Joop> What packages from non-free do we really need?

	All of them, and some that have not yet been packaged.

	manoj
--
 Mystics always hope that science will some day overtake them. Booth
 Tarkington