Can we do without non-free?

I was going over the debian social contract. I think I can see some
contradictions.
Here they are:

Section 1:Debian Will Remain 100% Free Software
A line from this section:
We promise to keep the Debian GNU/Linux Distribution entirely free
software.
The contradiction:
We will support our users who develop and run non-free software on
Debian.

Section 4: Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software
A line from this section:
To support these goals, we will provide an integrated system of
high-quality, 100% free software, with no legal restrictions that would
prevent these kinds of use.
My comment:
What's the non-free section doing in our distribution then?

It is time to drop non-free. Debian has so many packages now, there must
be a counterpart
of a non-free package in the main distribution. If we can drop non-free
this means we
can really distribute free software and put all our effort into the main
distribution

Joop
--

Joop pa3aba@debian.org