Re: All of uu.net about to be banned.

On Tue, 18 August 1998 14:54:21 +0200, Remco van de Meent wrote:
> I meant that qmail's queueing algorithms might be not as good when messages
> get stuck in the queue because of not being able to deliver them. But as
> said above, I'm just told that, I've not tested it myself.

There's one major drawback with qmail that certainly *is* an issue
with large lists.
Qmail delivers each mail in a single smtp session.
Exim first takes a look at *all* MX records of all the recipients and
then groups all RCPTs in a single smtp session, thus usually
decreasing the number of smtp connects quite a lot.

Though, well, when it reaches 150k+ of mails a day and if qmail works,
stick with it. ,-)

Alexander

--
Where Don't We Want To Go Today?
Alexander Koch - <>< - aka Efraim - PGP - 0xE7694969 - Hannover - Germany