Re: All of uu.net about to be banned.

On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Alexander Koch wrote:

> There's one major drawback with qmail that certainly *is* an issue
> with large lists.
> Qmail delivers each mail in a single smtp session.
> Exim first takes a look at *all* MX records of all the recipients and
> then groups all RCPTs in a single smtp session, thus usually
> decreasing the number of smtp connects quite a lot.

I know this, but if you look at our subscriber list this might only shave
off 2-5% at the expense of quite a large cpu load. If we had gobs of CPU
on that machine it wouldn't matter :>

Hmm, things seems to have gone up a bit since last I checked,

murphy{root}/var/log/qmail#wc -l smtp.log.0
   2681 smtp.log.0
murphy{root}/var/log/qmail#grep -i "delivery.*suc" qmail.log.0 | wc -l
 217399

2.6k incoming mails and 217k outgoing :> We still haven't quite reached
the limit of the P90 yet either.

Jason