Re: Using Debian GNU/Linux as base for commercial linux

On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Matjaz Skraba wrote:
> I was told that Debian GNU/Linux is encouraged to be used as a base for a
> commercial linux distributions. Is there any documentation needed for us to
> start working on such a project and if so, could someone direct me to the
> right person.
> This would be commercial, national-customized distribution.

I think you will need pretty much the same stuff that a new developer
needs.  I suggest that you read all the stuff on the web site about how to
become a developer, install the recommended packages, and read the
developer and policy documentation.  I also suggest that you become a
developer so that you can contribute back to Debian.

Perhaps there should be something about this on the web site?