Re: All of uu.net about to be banned.

On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

 : The statistic I am soley interested in is time to deliver to 90% of
 : recipients. For instance, I know that in 2:30 after I hit send this email
 : will more than likely be in your mailbox. Somehow I don't think exim can
 : quite manage that same feat :>

Don't know about exim. Am told the queueing algorithms of qmail ain't that
optimal. But when initial delivery is a success, qmail is quite good.

>From the number above, I guess of about 5% of all messages, initial delivery
fails, thus the messages get queued once again.

Wouldn't it be great to use something else for those messages, if murphy
gets overloaded by them (dunno about that) ?  Say have qmail doing the
delivery once, but if it fails, insert it into another mail system's queue,
which is more scalable (it appears to me ZMailer is doing a good job on this
one, and it won't overload the system) ?

Just another plug :-0

 -Remco