Re: Gnome 0.25/0.26 uploaded

> KDE have the menu-structure in /usr/share/applnk/, gnome in /usr/share/apps.
> but KDE have the application config files in /usr/share/apps.  :-(

yes, i foudn out, too.

> In the result, I have in in the gnome-menue for alle kde-application one
> empty menue entry. :-((
>
> Gnome should move to /usr/share/gnome (and KDE to /usr/share/kde ?)!

no, they should move to a common directory, and the panels should show both
peoples applications. and i'm thinking about changeing the debian menu,
so we can put our stuff in that directory, too and parse it for the window
managers (if you don't want a panel).

> or better:
> we make the menue-system better. On this way, the application have only the
> menu-system-files (in /usr/lib/menu/pkg ) and the menu-methods/file make the
> gnome and kde menu Files. Is this not the best way?

important is to find a standard. it might be easier to change the kde/gnome
packages to our menu system, but then on other distributions there will be
a different software. i prefer to merge the gnome and kde menu systems
in the upstream. and then drop our menu system in favor of their.
we will have to enhance the menu systems to not loos functionality, i guess.

andreas