Re: Copyright from the lcs-projekt!? [dwarf@polaris.net: Re: First cut at testing and validation]

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:

> 	I think I agree with Dale: since a verification program
>  certifies a disrtibution, a modified certification program can allow
>  a non-conforming distribution to lie about it an pretend they are
>  qualified.

You're willing to bend the DFSG for a standard, and now you're willing
to bend the DFSG for a program that checks a standard?

I very much disagree with the direction that this is going.  I still
believe that a standard gains nothing by disallowing itself from being
modified.  You project doomsday scenarious of incompatible software,
but immutable standards don't prevent this!  There is no militia to
make sure we don't all follow different standards, merely by writing
our own.

What immutable standards do prevent however is innovation and
progress.  I am forced to write my own standard from scratch if I want
to share my ideas.

Guy