Re: Anon CVS

sounds like the 'slashdot effect' has kicked in, eh?

would community.varesearch.com be a better place to host this?  same
pipe, same network loads....

or, set it up on both boxes, with round robin DNS pointing to both
machines?  (even though round robin DNS is not _that_ efficient...)

I am thinking that this might require some sort of co-operation
between the two boxes, which we might not be able to perform right
away.

I also have a much longer posting about questions I have about the
use community here at va, which I will be posting only to
debian-admin.

have fun,
rob

Jason> I took the CVS server down. The load is far to extreme right now. I
Jason> suspect the announcement on slashdot about the new theme code might have
Jason> something to do with it.. The load average peaked at 68 before I noticed
Jason> and shut the mess down :< (some 58 cvs connections)

Jason> There is a possiblity that I will have time to install a connection
Jason> limiter tonight. Until then I see no option but to leave cvs disabled.

Jason> This is unfortunate because a number of people use cvs.debian.org as their
Jason> main repository, a connection limiter might impeed their access.

Jason> Things effected will be,
Jason> anoncvs.{gnome,gimp}.org
Jason> cvs.debian.org
Jason> cvs.berlin-consortium.org

Jason> And at least the following projects:
Jason> Berlin
Jason> Debian Documentation
Jason> APT
Jason> Debian Doc Base