Re: Wanted: PGP maintainer

On Tue, Aug 11, 1998 at 01:19:04PM -0700, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi> wrote:
> >
> > There seems to be a lack of interest in taking over the PGP packages.
> > I really don't want to maintain them anymore, so I'd like to someone
> > else to volunteer.
>
> How hard a work is it? I don't have unlimited free time, I'm working on the
> netwinder port to, so... And I'm in Canada, that was OK, wasn't it?

Hello,

if Canada is not acceptable, I think I volunteer. I have some time this
summer, and would be able to work on it a bit later this year.
(means I need a few weeks to get it higher on my TODO lists).

I live in Germany, which should be okay.

I study mathematics, which should give me some sense of how public security
algorithms work.

I'm with the project since about a year now (IIRC), so this should be okay
also.

This is not an emotional decision, it's rationale in the sense that I
reckognize that this package is essential for Debian. If someone would be
happy to take it over, I will step back happy as well :)

Thank you,
Marcus