Re: New Webmaster Needed

<treacy@debian.org>(James A. Treacy) writes:

> BTW, www.debian.org alone is generating somewhere on the order of 150k
> hits/day. If you ever wanted to work on a high volume web site, this
> is your chance.

Incidentally I tried demoing the language negotiation feature to someone today
and found to my surprise that I couldn't get www.debian.org to serve up the
French page except by explicitly accessing index.html.fr.

This was on IE4, which does have a feature to select the set of languages, and
it worked fine on imdb.com. So I'm wondering if something is weird about how
we have the languages set up? Or was IE4 being particularly "quirky" about its
use of the standard?

greg