New Webmaster Needed

The job of webmaster is taking too much time and keeping me
from getting involved in other things I have much greater interest
in. I am thus looking for a replacement. Even better would be
a few people who will each look after part of the pages.
I am willing to help out for a while as the new people get up
to speed.

This position requires a different time commitment than most other
Debian jobs. It is not sufficient to pile everything up and do it
once a week. This is Debian's face to the world so must be kept
running smoothly.

Most of the time there is not a lot of html that needs to be written
as the human generated pages are less than 5% of the web site. The
person(s) thus needs to know, or be willing to learn, about CVS, wml,
CGI and perl.

BTW, www.debian.org alone is generating somewhere on the order of 150k
hits/day. If you ever wanted to work on a high volume web site, this
is your chance.

Jay Treacy

P.S. No, I'm not leaving Debian, just changing focus.