Re: WOW! See World Record Sex!!!

On %M 0, jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl wrote
> On Tue, Aug 04, 1998 at 11:27:15PM -0400, Igor Grobman wrote:
> > I think we should ban all of uu.net instead.
>
> For what it is worth, I complain about all spam I receive directly, a lot of
> which involves uu.net. Only once (in Oct 1997) did I receive a reply from
> them.

I don't think I've ever gotten a reply apart from the automated one.  I use
the uu.net@abuse.net address which does expand to fraud@uu.net

> uu.net apperantly serves numerous ISPs, some of which are good guys. Rather
> than a total block of uunet, I'd prefer it if filters were installed for
> messages that came through their open relays, and repeat offender clients of
> them reported to the RBL folks (see http://maps.vix.com/rbl/reporting.html).

The problem is that a particular dynamic IP can be used by any of the
customers of any ISP that uu.net serves.  They have nationwide POP network,
and big ISP's just purchase access to it.

What worries me is people like Guy who are forced not to use their ISP's mail
servers because of the stupid rules with regards to the from: line.  I guess
this tells me we are still not ready to block all of uu.net dyn-IP ranges.

Igor