Re: Why has bo vanished from the archives?

Jeff Sheinberg <jeffsh@erols.com> wrote:
> I feel that any Debian distribution should be made available via
> ftp for at least 3 years from its release date.

The GPL says that if you distribute the source independent of the binaries
that you must continue to make the source available three years after
the person got the binaries.

At most you could argue that the source be available after the binaries
are removed.  And, yeah, maybe we should have a site dedicated to this
purpose.  But that's not the problem we're trying to solve here.

--
Raul