Re: CPAN Packages

Hi,
>>"Gerhard" == Gerhard Poul <gp@atnet.at> writes:

 Gerhard> Explore CPAN for *new* packages (so no old packages get
 Gerhard> re-packaged), then downloads them, unpack, 'perl
 Gerhard> Makefile.PL', make, make test. If make or make test fails
 Gerhard> we'll not package it and put a notice on STDERR. If it
 Gerhard> works, we'll package it into a debian package with the right
 Gerhard> description and things like that. It shouldn't be too hard
 Gerhard> to create these packages because CPAN has strict rules for
 Gerhard> their packages...

 Gerhard> What are you thinking about it??

 Gerhard> Someone who maybe want to help?? ;-)))

	I have most of this already coded and working, unfortunately,
 I have been swamped of late, and have not reaslly devoted tiem to
 it. I'll try and move it higher on my list of things to do, and hope
 to have it out soon.

	manoj
--
 In article <REYNOLDS.90Jul17202859@cochlea.bu.edu>