Re: Call for a maintainer with a DVD writer? (Re: Why has bo vanished)

On Thu, 30 Jul 1998 13:38:10 -0400 (EDT) , Will Lowe wrote:

>I thought that the DVD idea was a wise one ...
>
>Is there anyone around who can volunteer to write a master DVD disk if we
>can round up archives of all the previous debian releases?  I've still got
>my 1.2 CD around and we've had offers of 1.3.  Heck, we can burn 2.0 onto
>the same DVD and use it as our main stable ftp site,  also,  if we want.
>I don't know how well DVD drives share access (for multiple concurrent
>ftps and things),  though.

What about non-free and non-us ?  It'd be nice if someone somewhere could
host those too.

>we have to get a DVD changer...

(Or another DVD drive, but that doesn't scale well...)

 -- Christopher Reed, Selwyn College, Cambridge --
 E-Mail: cr212@cam.ac.uk  WWW: http://dura.sel.cam.ac.uk/ [~cr212/]
 r2 T1 cSEL dCS hEn/Chi A4 S+ C*$+++L/UdP W+++ y# a VTsj (Cantab) 1.0
"Long gone, intuition to assume are gone when we try."