Re: Archive Restructuring - Package Pool

Hi,
>>"Buddha" == Buddha Buck <bmbuck@acsu.buffalo.edu> writes:

 Buddha> [I'm not certain which list would be better, so I'm foolishly using
 both>

	I am setting the followups to debian-policy.

 Buddha>   [Release management preface deleted]

 Buddha> When Anthony Towns first mentioned that he was expanding the
 Buddha> discussion of all this to debian-devel, I did check the
 Buddha> archives he mentioned for the previous discussion.
 Buddha> Everything I deleted above was discussed (and often seemed
 Buddha> the -main- topic) in those archives.

	Yes. I was, thus, surprised that release management was
 totally eschewed, since release management provides the motivation
 (well, at least for me, it was teh release management aspect that
 turned the scales for the restructuring of the archive).

 Buddha> It seems to me that he decided (IMHO correctly) that the
 Buddha> archive restructuring and the release management portions of
 Buddha> the discussion were relatively independent, and would best be
 Buddha> discussed separately.  I expected (and still expect) to see a
 Buddha> release management restructuring proposal made shortly.

	Well, that was not clear to me; Hoever, I think nothing has
 been lost; Antony is free to add to/ amend the release management
 portion.

	I think it was important to present the two at the same time,
 since I, for one, would have balked at the restructuring if I did not
 see how the two proposals dove-tailed together.

	manoj
--
 "Home is is the place where your computer lives and runs your life."
 Chrome Cowboy, sobiloff@thor.acc.stolaf.edu