Re: libgtk-dev bug?

Paolo Molaro <lupus@lettere.unipd.it> wrote:
> What is easier than gcc stuff.c -o stuff `gtk-config --cflags --libs`?
> Look, ma! No autoconf:-)

This means that, if you install something in the middle of a build,
you won't have a consistent configuration.  That means that you can't
safely share a machine which is compiling these kinds of programs.

Doesn't look like a fatal flaw, though: you can easily cache the
result from gtk-config.  [Or can you?  I've not mucked around with these
programs, and have not verified for myself that caching this result works.
Nor have I verified that gtk-config doesn't do such caching on its own.]

--
Raul